HomeAbout MeMy DesignsCorrectionsContact Me

Friday, June 16, 2017

Christmas Stitching In June?

Hi Everyone!
Since my last post I have my first 2017 Christmas design finished and ready to release.  I heard from many of you and you like to start stitching Christmas patterns in the summer when you have more time....I can understand that.  I usually wait until about October to release any thing Christmasy...Is that even a word?  Anyway, I have long wanted to design something colonial but just never did it.  So a couple of months ago I was searching through my "designs not finished" file.  Those are the designs that you get an idea and get started and nothing else comes to you.  So you put them away and then finally one day you are ready to complete them.

There are three in this series and I will be released as they are finished.
The first is called, And Good Tidings to You, the second is called, "Comfort and Joy and the final is "All Come All Ye Faithful".  They are the same size so you could stitch them together or single and framed or a small pillow.  I finished
this one as a pillow.  They are all stitched on Weeks Dye Works Cocoa 30 count linen.

Here is a photo of "And Good Tidings To You".  It will be released next Friday through Hoffman to a local needlework store near you.

And Good Tidings to You
Pillow size is approx. 7 inches wide by 61/2 inches long.



Tea For Two is being released today as a chart.  Thanks to everyone who loved it and wanted to stitch it but unfortunately I ran out of some of the supplies and was unable to get them again.  So now you can get the chart and put your own creative ideas to it.

I don't know what the weather is where you live but it is getting very hot here in Texas.  I live in southern Texas where it is sub-tropical.  We are located near beautiful South Padre Island, where I try to spend a little time each summer.  But until I get there... I will be inside where it is cool with a big glass of iced tea working on needlework projects!

Have a great summer!  I be back again with some new designs to keep you busy this summer.

Gayle

2 comments:

  1. This design is beautiful! I think it is a great idea to have Christmas designs for the summer. Most stitchers have a little more time and what better way to cool off is by stitching winter scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane! I agree. I am always busy during the holidays and wish I could stitch more but never get to do it. I think you will like the next two coming in the next couple of months!

    ReplyDelete